Monday 26 October 2015



The best time of the year






The best time of the year in my opinion is Christmas! Not just because of presents but most importantly family time. I know what your thinking yeah yeah family time that's what everyone says but no family time is extremely important to me. My parents are working all the time, so we never got family time especially during the summer even if I were free they work throughout the summer. If your wondering about holidays my mom is home but my dad works during holidays so Christmas is the only time to truly spend time with my family. I don't only get time with my family but my extended family. Most of my cousins are older than me and attend university or are out of the country and Christmas is the only time that everyone comes back. I am really close with my cousins to the point where they are like my siblings so having them back is amazing. It means long sleepovers, Secret Santa (it makes us so anxious), decorating tree's and our annually cooking session. Thankfully Christmas is in winter so one of the best things is staying home in the warmth watching classic Christmas movies with family! My family being as sneaky as we are we realized that we can't just put our names in a hat and pick a name for secret Santa. We found this cite called www.drawnames.com so we get an email of our person and there list, so to the people who have the same problem with their friends or family you should use this cite!That still doesn't stop us from trying to guess who everyone has.My favourite part of the Christmas with my family is how we all assign each other to task when cooking dinner. So we all play a part in the meal we enjoy before we find out who everyone's secret Santa. We have a funny way to do this though where every two people use the same wrapping paper. So then we all get in a circle, turn out the lights and when the lights are off we throw our present to our person or if its glass we slide it to them.Then we all open presents with all of our family. So to me the best of the year is Christmas, let me know some of the traditions you have during Christmas!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment